Cool Things Roundup
Happy Summer! I'm spending the weekend in the garden, trying to catch up on improvements I've imagined in my head months ago before work, family, or heatwaves have kept me away. What about you? Hoping to also catch a summer movie--any recommendations? Here's what else I'm obsessed with:
- Have you seen California designer/Palm Springs maven Trina Turk's new swimwear line for 2017? Loving this one. She's never afraid of color or pattern.
- Speaking of someone who embraces color, take a tour of actress Mindy Kaling's LA home in Hancock Park. Another reason to love her!
- What impact did this woman have on art by bringing modernism to California? Hoping to check out this show at the Norton Simon Museum to find out.
- Having not made it to the beach yet, I'm currently watching this Australian detective series, Deep Water, on Netflix. Crashing waves and other scenic shots of Bondi Beach are the backdrop to murder.
- If you're also ocean obsessed and perhaps re-watching Titanic on Netflix, be sure to read this book about the fastest, chicest WWI-era ocean liner, The Lusitania. How did one torpedo sink a ship of that size in 18 minutes? Enthralling (check out my pic on Instagram of my visit to a similar vessel/museum/hotel in California, The Queen Mary, to see just how luxurious the interiors of these vessels were).