5 Happy Things (Joyful News We Could All Use--Malala & More)
Turn away from the news. There's REALLY some joyful stuff out there to embrace. I'm glad the second one in particular came to my attention to remind me to look for all that is wonderful around us:
- These happy silhouettes (as seen above) make a great photograph simply joyful.
- Despite almost losing her life as punishment for pursuing an education, this teen girl didn't let violence used to intimidate stand in the way of her future, and your heart will swell when you find out where she's going next (okay, you guessed it--I'm talking about Malala Yousafzai).
- This new book by fashion designer Kate Spade is about a variety of incredible women.
- Ryan Gosling is back in movie theatres in the new Blade Runner, but have you checked out young Harrison Ford in the original? Wowee! I was also entranced by the stunning entrances and chic fashions of the lead "replicant," played by the gorgeous Sean Young. See how the old movie version has influenced fashion runways today in this article.
- Okay maybe this one is biterweet, but I just love this chemistry so much in this classic rock duet (RIP Tom).